Friday, October 4, 2013

Gertie

She started out as a way to use up more yarn than I had room for.  Literally, I had yarn in boxes sitting on top of everything!  It turned into a big, bright, beautiful blanket that has already been used for picnics and some "reading in the swing" time.

 
Love how soft and "drapey" this yarn works up...


 
 
  
I started working on it last October after my surgery. A quite, simple pattern to help in recovery. Once I was up and going again, I put it away for a few months.  Picked it back up in June and completed it in July

Photo
 
117 four round granny squares. I used Lucy's join-as-you-go method

I didn't keep up with the yarns I used, there were soooo many!! Different weights and types.  All leftovers from many other projects. 

I loved the border on this one. So many possibilities! I thought at first I would just do a plain solid border. But it just didn't go with the blanket. It needed to be big and busy just like the squares were
I borrowed several rows from all over blogland and combined them until I thought it looked finished.
 
 


 





 
   She lives in the living room, draped over a chair.
  I love walking by and catching a glimpse of her sitting there.

 

I am very happy with how she turned out. 
As usual, I think this is my new favorite!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment