Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Works in progress

I am hoping that by posting pictures of all my current projects, it will motivate me to actually finish them before I start something else.  Probably not, but I guess it is worth a try!!



I loved the idea of this blanket when I first started...now, not so much! It is so big, it is going to take forever!! 

Photo

Mitered dishcloths....these were Christmas presents for Alex's teachers.  I love the idea of homemade gifts for Christmas presents. 

Photo


This is just a hodge-podge started to satisfy my need for color and to use up all my little scraps of yarn.  This has got a bit of every kind of yarn in it.  Wool, cotton, acrylic, bamboo, silk...whatever I feel like working with.

Photo


Candy Cane Ripple. I love the thin strand of irredescent thread in this yarn.  You really notice it when the light hits it just right.


Photo

This started off as a blanket, then a couple of cushion covers.  Now back to a blanket...who knows!
Photo

This was started on Spring Break last year in Gulf Shores, taken back on Fall Break to Orange Beach
Still sitting in the basket just waiting to be finished.  Only the granny square border left...maybe on the next beach trip!!
Photo

African flowers were everywhere a few months back...here is my attempt.  Thnking this will become a wall hanging instead of a blanket. maybe a few scarves?  So much detail in each one.  Love all the color combo possibilities!


Photo

I have actually picked this one back up.  Perfect fall hexagon!  Made with wool so it is so thick and warm!  Only a few more rows to go. 

Photo

and finally....This is for a friend for Christmas.  I chose the colors based on the names of the yarn...hyacinth, rose, zinnia and tulip.  She is a flower lover like me and I know that she will love it!  I may not have it done until December 24, but it will be finished!!


Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment