Sunday, January 5, 2014

Gratitude Sunday




Joining in with Taryn for Gratitude Sunday  

Sunday's heartfelt tradition.  A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful.  A list of gratitudes.


SUNSHINE!!!

A good cleaning on New Years Day.  My house may only be spotless 1 day a year, but it felt really good to see everything in it's place and shining.  Of course, the grandkids have been here this weekend, so we are back to messy and cluttered!  Oh well, wouldn't have it any other way!

Ordering new yarn.  Love spending too much time looking at all the beautiful colors!  Finally decided on 5 worsted wool blends in my favorite colors. I should receive it next week....so excited!

Hearing about a friend who passed away from breast cancer on Thursday.  I am grateful that she was at peace, surrounded by friends, family and  loved ones.  She believed deeply, loved honestly and will be missed greatly.

Spending the day with a friend and our grandkids.  Glad the weather was nice enough for them to play outside while we drank coffee inside!

Ordering Senior portraits and Cap and Gown.  He has worked so hard and come so far.  We are soo proud of him!






5 comments:

  1. A clean and tidy house is something to be grateful of even it only lasts two minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to clean a messy house when the memories are such good ones :0) Thank you for stopping Robbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the title of yours, made me smile. So sorry about your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting new yarn! I'm considering a trip to the fabric store to work on some sewing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if it's just a corner of the room, taking in a clean well-organized spot is such a good feeling. Hoping your friends' spirit is whole and healed in the afterlife; I'm sure she will always be with you. A package of new yarn is always so fun to open... so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete