Monday, April 7, 2014

Maybelle Garland



A lovely weekend spent with family and friends...
celebrating an anniversary of 2 dear friends with a cookout. 
Spending the day playing outside, enjoying the sunshine.  
Catching up with a friend I don't get to see very often
Finding myself with 2 hours all to myself on Sunday afternoon...
A simple weekend full of simple pleasures.
 
 

I love Maybelle flowers. I can't seem to stop making them!
Here is my garland made of these wonderfully easy flowers...
 
 
Hanging around in the living room...
making me smile every time I walk through and see them.
 
 
So springy and happy

 
and I have finally gotten Vintage Ann back out. 

She sat almost finished (just 6 squares were left) for about a month. 
I pulled her out this weekend and got busy finishing her up. 

So much color, so many different textures. 
I am still loving this blanket.

174 - 5 round granny squares have been joined together
Now I am trying to decide on a border.

Linking up with
 Erika 
 Nicole
 

10 comments:

  1. Your blanket is absolutely gorgeous! I look forward to seeing the finished item. I too am close to (finally) finishing my first granny square blanket and I am undecided about the border, I really want to do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The border is the hardest part for me. Jumping over to your blog to catch up. This weather has been keeping us outside!

      Delete
  2. Your posts are always a lovely place to come and enjoy a riot of colour, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vintage Ann is lovely. You must have been working on her for quite a while -- so much detail and assembly. Looks as though it was worth every stitch though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I am totally smitten with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage Ann is just beautiful, and the Maybelle flowers really do bring on a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures, and crochet flowers.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the garland, I can see why you enjoy making the flowers and your blanket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete