Wednesday, June 18, 2014

for Skylar Catherine

This time, making a baby blanket was simple.
I started this one back in March
 
I know this momma very well.  She is always happy.
She is energetic and always ready to go and do.
She is an artist with a love of bright colors.
She has wanted to be a mother for the last 15 years and
her dream is finally coming true.

And her favorite flowers are daisies. 

Put that all together and TA DAH...
 


She wanted it bigger than a standard baby blanket. 
 


 Something they could grow into. 
She said she pictures them under a tree reading books
and taking naps and having tea parties.


I am so happy for her!

This blanket is made for fun times, for parks and the beach.
I'm really really happy with how it turned out. Actually, I am hugely, enormously happy!
 Working on this blanket has been a total pleasure from start to finish, 
I don't think I will ever tire of granny squares. I love their simplicity. 
 



 


 

(It. Will. Not. Lie. Flat!!)  Maybe a few too many loops on the edging!

It is a very colorful, cheerful and happy blanket


Putting so much love and happy thoughts into this blanket
 has given me a great deal of pleasure.
 
 So easy and relaxing.


One last shot! 



Linking up with
 

9 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this cheerful blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I am sure that it will be a very well received and well loved present for a much loved baby! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How marvellous that she is to be a mother at last I am happy for her too.
    Perfect gift, in gorgeous colours, how talented you are!!
    bestest wishes to her and you
    Daisy j xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blanket, wish I had the patience for something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sunny and warm, fab colours. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's beautiful and you didn't have to go through all that 'random' decision making!! sure she will love it, Heather X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket looks so happy! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely summery blanket! Thank you for popping by and letting me know you were there! :) x

    ReplyDelete