Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Hello There, 2015!

The last sunset of 2014...



New Year's morning!













January has found me in a little bit of a post-Christmas funk.  Usually the New Year is one of my favorite times... This year the weather has been wet and grey for days!  Waking up way too early Sunday morning knowing that he was going back and we hadn't even begun packing.  Decorations were scattered everywhere.  Toys were right where the grandkids had left them.  Empty boxes once stacked up neatly, now a big pile...chaos everywhere!! 
 I decided I needed to get out for a while.  I walked in the dark morning, with a cold wind blowing on my face.   The sun rose pink and purple  behind thick, puffy clouds. 
Breathe in, breathe out.   Relax...  back home, I got a few chores done.  It didn't take as long to pack him up as I thought.  We even had time to go out and eat and talk before he had to go.  We said our goodbyes and had a quiet hour drive back.  He told me to go take a long bubble bath, read a book, relax.  The mess will still be here tomorrow (and it was).  He brought me my PJ's straight from the dryer.  We drank coffee and talked and went to bed early.  Monday morning, the funk had (mostly) cleared....  The house has been cleaned, the laundry is caught up and tonight we are going out to eat...just the two of us.  Still getting used to that.  Our new normal...
 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. I hope that January will get better for you Robbie and that the funk will soon be gone. It is a very tricky time of year after Christmas and before anything else really gets going again. Take care of yourself and know that this too will pass and the good times will roll once again. Thinking of you and sending hugs and all best wishes to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a difficult time of year isn't it. After the bright and cheer of christmas we are left with the dark and drearyness of winter. I hope you can find yourself some cheer somewhere else to sustain your through these next few months. Perhaps some of your lovely crochet hanging around the place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed your advice and created a favorite things wall...hope to get some pictures once the sun comes back out. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. What an amazing sunset the last day of 2014 gifted you with. Lots of gentleness to you as you ease into 2015 and from one set of routines to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos - the sunset is stunning. The readjustment thing is tricky but will happen in time. Hang in there x

    ReplyDelete